Having a website is one of the most important sources of your advertising. It needs to look professional and represent your company image after all this is your online business card. So what should you look for when trying to find that perfect web designer? Here are a few tips on what to ask/look for:
What are the costs?
A good web developing company will discuss with you what your requirements are before sending a written quotation together with their terms and conditions. Ask if they have package deals you can choose from or maybe you have a quote per page.
What will they ask me?
- How many pages you require?
- Do you have the content?
- What images do you have?
- What are your preferred colour choices?
- Do you have a logo?
- Do you require an ecommerce site whereby you can sell your products online?
- Are there any testimonials they can use?
- What domain name have your chosen and who is it hosted with?
These are typical questions a good web developing company may well ask you when you require a quotation.
What should I ask them?
Asking the right questions will help you establish if they are a good company deal with. I would suggest the following:-
- Will my website be mobile responsive? (will it work across all mobile devices).
- Will the quotation include everything such as domain name hosting?
- Do you provide training and is this included within the price or is it an additional charge?
- Do you have a portfolio I can look at?
- How long will it take to create my new website?
- Will I have full control of the website once it is completed?
- I don’t have any images of my own are there any websites you can recommend where I can get some?
- How much will it cost if I want you to look after my website once it has been built?
What was your first impression of the web developing company?
It is important that you are happy with the company that you are going to work with. After all they are the ones that going to help you represent your company online. Have a think about the following:-
- Were they friendly and approachable?
- Did they use lots of jargon words that left you either confused or useless!
- Did they respond promptly and professionally to your enquiry?
- Did they understand what you require?
- Were they helpful and suggest other options that may help you?
- Did they listen to you?
I believe we fulfil the requirements to be a reputable web developing company for your website design. Give us a call and try, you wont be disappointed.
Mandie Smith – Director of Computer Scene Technical