A website acts as your online business card and designed to attract customers to buy from you. It is important to get it exactly how you portray your business and not how a third party who have never heard of you thinks it should look.
Understandably it can be quite overwhelming selecting who to instruct because there are so many web design companies to choose from. So, make sure you choose a company that listens to your needs, involves you in the planning and then produces a website that exceeds your expectations.
Over the years, we have been asked the same questions about our services, what we provide and why should they choose us at Computer Scene. I therefore set out some of the common ones that may help you too together with what we recommend:
How much will it cost?
A good company will discuss all your requirements and will then send you a quote outlining everything that is included. This should show all costs to complete the website and therefore prevents any hidden charges. So, check the following when you receive your quote:
• Does the quote include the registration of a domain name (www.example.co.uk), emails (email@example.com) and web hosting?
• Does it have the correct number of pages you have discussed?
• Does it have all the correct functionality you discussed?
• If you are having a WordPress website, ensure that if any plugins are required they are included in the quote.
• Are there any charges if you want to change the website either before it goes live or afterwards?
• Do they offer a management support for backing up the website and checking for updates etc?
• Do they charge you for training on how to update the website yourself?
Do they have a portfolio?
Check their website for previous projects and have a look at other websites they have created. Remember when looking that you may not always like the look of all the websites they have created because they have designed them to the clients requirements so look at the functionality of the website.
Do they have any testimonials?
A good company will have lots of positive testimonials and reviews. Check their website, social media accounts and Google Reviews to see what other clients have said about them.
How long will it take to create my new website?
A lot of the timeframes given will include your co-operation as you will need to provide images and content. For example, they may say if you can get everything over to us in the next week, we will have it up and running within the next couple of weeks. Obviously, everyone’s timescales are different depending on what projects they are working on at that time.
What are your first impressions?
When you first meet the web design company, what are your first impressions of them? Just remember you will probably have a working relationship with them not only during the website development but later in months to come if you choose to have support with them. Again, here are a few questions to bear in mind:
• What did you think when you first spoke to them?
• Did they respond professionally and abruptly to your initial enquiry?
• Did you establish a rapport with them?
• Can you work with them over a period of time?
• Did they take the time to listen to you about your business and your requirements?
Will the website be mobile responsive?
Make sure the website is mobile responsive. This means that it will resize to any device (mobile phone, iPad or desktop pcs & laptops) it is viewed on.
We provide a free consultation together with a quotation. If you would like to request this, please feel free to contact us.